A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Eternal pink sunshine

I am now mommy to two little girls. The second one, being of the impatient kind, was 2 months early. She couldn't help it, her amniotic home ruptured, so she had to skedaddle.

My baby girls have been a blessing. Life is busier now. And, I can't help but think this whole process was easier the 1st time around. But, now we have a big sister to entertain in addition to the little 'un. It's like being dragged in 4 different directions at once.

The new baby sleeps most of her days away. Other than that, she eats and poops. She bellows emphatically when hungry, uncomfortable, cold, or when bath time isn't what she expects.

The elder sister has taken well to the new alien. She is very protective of her little sister. She screeches if a stranger wants to touch her; she kisses her baby sister frequently and pats her on the head. Sometimes there are bouts of discontent when big sister wants to be in a lap occupied by baby sister, but luckily the hubby and I are adept at rotating siblings.

As for myself, my life remains the same. I am still on leave, to return a little less than 2 months from now. If it were up to me, I'd stay with my babies 24/7. But, alas, we must eat, and therefore I must work.

My cycle has been out of whack; I just hope I'm not preggers again. That would be... terrifying. after the emergency c-section and the trauma that went with that process, I don't think I'm ready for another roller coaster ride. And, won't be for some time to come.

I love my babies. They are beautiful. Life is great.

2 comments:

Skryfblok said...

Wow Neko! Congratulations!

Mary-Jane said...

I'm happy everyone is fine - enjoy!