A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh woe!

So, last week I noticed for the first time, and despite many daily applications of miracle stretchmark creams, that I now have brand spanking new stretchmarks on my belly.

Not kewl.

It seems that, regardless of whatever promises made on the bottles of these lotions and potions, the fact of the matter is, if you are meant to get stretchmarks from pregancy, you will get them. And no cream is gonna stop the body from doing what it does. I.e., stretching to accommodate the parasite.

My ribs feel like they are moving outward as well, much to the discomfort of my chest. Likewise, the bones in my pelvic area seem to be moving to the side. Dull aches that don't go away accompany this perceived movement.

Monday marked the first of the now weekly visits I must make to the obstetrician. At R330 a week, I wonder if I'm in the right business. And I know that if I have any more kids, I will be skipping the larger amount of these visits. I'm fine, the baby is fine. Nothing is wrong. So, this cash could be much better spent elsewhere, methinks. Especially as there are no warning signs that anything may be wrong in this pregnancy.

I am basically done with packing my hospital bag. All I need to put in now, is a toothbrush, some jammies and an outfit or two. Problem is, I only have 1 toothbrush, 2 sets of comfy jammies I can still wear and 3 comfy outfits. If I pack them, I'll have to hang around naked in the house for the next 3 weeks. And, that, friends and neighbours, will not be happening. So, I figure, the house is only 3 mins away from the hospital; if all else fails, the husband could always go get my toiletries and an outfit during the "waiting around" part of the labour.

All systems are go for the big event. The baby's goodies have been ziplocked and are ready for use. We have many glucose rich treats for energy (Though, I can't imagine the sugar release will give sustained energy. Also, I'm planning on an epidural, but one never can know how these things will pan out. If I get to hospital too late, I may have to forego the epidural. Yikes.) The challenge now is to NOT eat the goodies in the bag before the event...

*sigh*

How the sugary treats taunt me!

I'm at the office this morning, doing some final review work. I just wanna get everything in order and done before the manager returns tomorrow. After I finish this document, I will finally be free of this place till next year. I am officially on leave. But, it's just bad sportsmanship to leave review work for someone else, even though I did receive the work a week late.

As I told my husband a couple weeks ago, to much laughter on his part - this is just how I roll.

(It's funny, you see, coz I have to roll to one side or the other when trying to get to sleep, or even just to get off the bed. Yes, I'm that big. I'm a beachball smuggler. I'm the Michelin man. I'm the progeny of both the Michelin man and the Oros man. I dun got FAT.)

Have I mentioned that I can't believe I have stretchmarks on my STOMACH?? I'd been so careful about that... *sigh* And they are this awful red-purplish colour. Same on my hips. Those are new, too. The hip ones have nestled in with my old stretchmarks from highschool. But, the stomach ones are breaking new ground.

I'm 37 weeks preggers today, folks. (Give or take a few days) Think of me around December 15th. They say 1st time round babies tend to hang around inside for longer. So, she may be out for xmas. Never thought I'd have a Christmas baby. Thanks a lot, Coke Fest weekend.

2 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Lots of strength and luck... Have you decided on a name yet?

eric1313 said...

What a turn around! You were so unhappy a year ago.

I don;t know if I would exactly call you "happy" now, but you are definitely living life on a mission! You have another who will need you. Who knew that that was all it would take?

Anyway, I am happy knowing that you are doing well and handling the situation with grace.

Yes, grace.

And yes, my niece was born almost 3 weeks late. She was my sister's first. Seems that first time babies are either early or late. But never on time.

And don't induce labor, I heard that that is the worst pain possible.

Talk to you later! Peace out!