A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm Preggers

It has been 2 weeks since the fateful day that i received the news.

i'd skipped one, something that never happens to me. so, i went for a quick bloodtest, during lunch. i mean, why not. R100 later, "It's positive, congratulations."

It's been a tumultuous 2 weeks since.

The boyfriend drove from his place of residence (a 3 hour trip), and took a day's leave to come be with me. i was pretty shaken up. a call to his father in malaysia, and his parents are home that weekend, to lecture, encourage, interrogate.

his father will not be a conspirator, so my parents must be told.

rewind to a week ago, and one shocking email to my dad. my mom called me that night, seething. i have thrown my life away, made myself cheap. "I'm not that young, mom." My dad was in shock, he told all his siblings.

Fast forward to last weekend, spent on the farm. cousins, uncles aunts, brother, boyfriend, all gathered for the sake of the farm. nothing was said, but that is the style of the family.

and currently, what does the future hold? on sunday, there will be a meet and greet between my parents and his. who will all attend, remains to be seen. there will be negotiations. of what exactly, also remains to be seen.

yesterday i went for a sonar. i saw the fishy, chilling in my gut, swimming around. i heard the heartbeat, saw it. and i smiled.

further blood tests reveal that i am 100% healthy, as is my growing parasite. i'm 8 weeks and 3 days into this thing. the nausea and tiredness lessen when i take my vitamins. i wish i didnt have to work. i get so tired. my mind is a fuzzy mess. i'm just SO tired.

my loving and adoring bf is very excited, stoked really. there will be a birth and a wedding. wrong sequence, but... the modern world allows for this sort of thing. it will not be too much of a scandal.

of two things i am sure -- i am going to have this baby. and, there will be a wedding.

i've picked up 5kg's in rather quick succession over the last 8 weeks. my stomach has become a bit round. but, it doesn't look suspicious yet. few people on my mother's side of the extended family know, but this will soon change, no doubt. juicy news seldom stays secret.

i have obtained a scrapbooking kit and a digital camera for the progress of this gestation and eventual popping. i'm having difficulty taking pictures of my ever expanding stomach. the quality is less than great. i suspect this has more to do with my n00b status, than the camera itself. i will look into it at greater length when i have more time.

i need to buy glue and print pictures.

how do i feel about it?
I don't know, really. It's daunting and scary, but exciting. maybe some form of maternal instinct will kick in. i have no preferance of flavour, be it strawberry or bubblegum. i just want to do my best to ensure my parasite comes out rosy cheeked and plump.

can pregnant ladies imbibe energy drinks?

4 comments:

arcadia said...

WOW!! what a shocker, but how exciting :-)

morbidneko said...

yeah, you're telling me.

time to grow up and be just a little more responsible.

*^_^*

Unknown said...

"time to grow up and be just a little more responsible."

Which is not a bad thing. Congratulations! PS: the phenomenon's not all that modern. You'll be just fine!

morbidneko said...

thanks, eoh.

i think i will be, too.

i have a very supportive partner. and the parents on both sides have been wonderful.

^_^