A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Ode to maternity wear

The joy! The wonder! The comfort!

I never knew comfort until I tried on some maternity wear over the weekend. It was wonderful.

My body has gone into some form of rebellion against my clothes. My clothes are losing the battle. Everything is tight; the zips of my pants have decided that closing is for the birds. My tops have decided that hugging my belly bulge is all they feel like doing. Comfort went out the door.

And she who is not comfy in her clothes, will not be relaxed, or be confident.

Enter maternity clothes: The great war mediator. The negotiator. The saviour of my comfort zone.

2 grand later, I am finally comfy in my new threads.

6 comments:

arcadia said...

check out batchfoo.blogspot.com, a girl our age who also got pregnant quite unexpectedly. the blog's fun to read, and is now really relevant :-)

morbidneko said...

thanks! will do.

Unknown said...

Seems like Arcadia is feeling particularly broody - a suitable digital god-aunt, methinks. ;)

morbidneko said...

dont be mean, eoh!!

^_^

maybe it's a girl thing..

there's a miracle happening in me!!

so awesome.

Photon said...

I'm glad you found clothes that are comfortable, I think you look as pretty as ever, and this is all just a scheme to get new clothes :)

morbidneko said...

yes, i purposely got on the pole so i can spend more money on tent-sized clothes.

what an astute observation.