A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Weak at 11

This pregnancy thing is a bit disconcerting. There have been mingled responses. From shock to joy to amusement. It has all been rather … weird.

The fatigue and pukey-ness has died down for now. Notice how I did not say it has disappeared. Crackerbread early in the morning does the trick; Take one every morning and repeat as necessary.

My clothes have for the most part fallen into disuse. It sort of hurts me on the inside, when I look at that pair of hot boots that go so well with my skinny jeans… Those same skinny jeans that are now in a state of mutiny – simply refusing to close around my waist. It may be time to start having a closer look at my diet. Choose healthier options. Too much gorging.

My online research shows that different women start showing at different times, and at different sizes. For a myriad reasons. I, for example, gained 5kg’s in 2 weeks, but have since stabilised. Despite the variances from girl to girl, there are averages one must take into consideration. For example, in the first 2 months, you shouldn’t gain more than 30% of your total 10 – 12kg pregnancy gain. Towards the last 3 months, one should be gaining about a kg a week. Or something. (I can’t remember if it’s a pound or a kg per week. Stupid Americans with their pound system)

This weekend, there will be much shopping and looking around bridal stores. The wedding “due date” approaches with record speed. Also, final talks with various medical aids have been concluded today. They don’t cover much. Not much at all – even when you consider that this was, for all intents and purposes, an accident.

I am stoked for the next doctor’s visit and sonar. I’m hoping to find out the flavour. I’m at about 11 weeks now. Legend has it you can see as early as 12, but really only at 20 weeks. I don’t wanna waste a sonar. Those things are expensive. But, I am dying to find out. There are names to be chosen!

And, in the back of my mind, I can’t help but wonder, what have I gotten myself into?

1 comment:

Photon said...

Thank you for carrying my baby, I appreciate all the discomfort you have to go through, I'll always do whatever I can to make you comfortable during this time!! I understand that it's difficult for you to be chipper the entire time while you're feeling nauseous!! <3