A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Even more vivid dreams

Since I’ve been pregnant, my dreams have become incredibly detailed, colourful, real.

The other night, there were snakes everywhere. And a horned pale green one chasing me. Every time it got close to me, I would freeze. It was after me. I was supposed to pack some things for a trip, but everywhere I touched, were tiny wormy red and black, black and yellow snakes. Not fun.

This morning, I dreamt that 2 of my most esteemed and kind hearted colleagues had double teamed up on a girl, a little blonde thing. Then, they had consensually deflowered her. The dream has me yelling at them from my soap box how irresponsible what they have done is. And, that it was a gift for her one day husband, etc. She just sat there on the floor, looking dazed and confused.

Then there was the dream that my husband was forcefully and with intent trying to hurt the baby by squeezing on my stomach. So much so, that it was painful to me. This happened twice, then I woke up.

A recurring theme has been my husband cheating on me, leaving me, abandoning me. Usually an ex features. And usually he is callous towards me, uncaring.

My pregnancy books say that these dreams during pregnancy are usually an expression of one’s most deeply rooted fears.

Well, the snake dream is easily explained away. I was reading a short story about a man with a deadly snake slumbering on his stomach, scared out of his mind. I fell asleep with the book on the bed.

This morning’s dream… is a bit more random. I’ve been discussing old time values and so on with one of the client personnel. So, the neurons could be firing off on that. It bothers me when I hear of infidelity and shameless irresponsible actions; especially where trust is broken. It just cuts deep.

And, of course, I have abandonment issues. I usually end up being left by my significant other, as a result of being too clingy. Usually.

These clear dreams have been a blessing and a curse.

There have been more nights than I’d like to count, when I wake up from an abandonment nightmare. Then, with murder in my eyes, I abruptly move away from the husband. He, of course, oblivious to the wrong doings he had committed in my dreams. But, it feels so REAL.

Then, when I have the other nightmares, it’s nice to have someone’s chest to hide in and someone to hold onto when one is scared right out of your mind.

See? Blessing and curse.

The pregnancy books say most people dream about the coming baby.

That only happened to me in the beginning. I wonder, as the time approaches, will I have more baby related dreams? Or, will it always just be all about me?

7 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

It seems that you are really having some active nights. One's deepest issues tend to come out in dreams, usually cloaked in their symbolic language.
I always deem any kind of dream a blessing. For me it says my unconscious and conscious are communicating and that is good.

morbidneko said...

my dreams have always been few and far between, before the pregnancy.

pit's just so real now.

i wonder if the after effects will stay once the baby is out.

Anonymous said...

Dreams are just a manifestation of our fears, insecurities and various experiences we've had in the past. It has nothing to do with the future. (If you were wondering.)

morbidneko said...

or, as Hunter said all that time ago - it's just neurons firing off.

your mind trying to make sense of all that was experienced.

eric1313 said...

The delicate dance of neurons and synapses stretched beyond their tolerance....

But you will find that they are resilient. You have already found this. You have proven to be a survivor, a gift that you will now pass on to another generation.

Sweet Neko! You're going to be a momma cat? How exciting.

I'm hoping the best for you.

And yes, I'm back home...

Glad to see you freed from the cage.

morbidneko said...

eric!! you're back!!!

so good to see you again!

yes, the Fates have dealt me an interesting hand over the past year. Everything has changed.

And yet, I remain the same person.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

I wish we could record our dreams and watch them again later. Just think of the valuable psycho-analytical resource this can be.

It does seem that you are quite on top of the "issues" behind your dreams, though.

PP