A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pregnant pause

Ravaged by medical costs, this month is turning out to be a bit on the thin side, other than my (34%) body fat. Sigh. It seems that pay day just can’t get here soon enough.

Tax season is also here. I’m anxiously awaiting my tax return. I expect that I will have a huge payment to make, because my prior employer did not deduct the tax from travel claims received. About R5,000. Last year it was a Christmas surprise, and all my holiday money went with it. This year, I am prepared.

Also, we had our first ante-natal class last night. Somehow, I got the times wrong, and we were half an hour late. Somehow, we didn’t miss much. It was about breastfeeding, and the first couple days after birth. I don’t know if I’m gonna be having more kids, if the stuff about bursting, broken and bleeding nipples is true. But, I have no reason to doubt the nurse who presents the class.

I’ve been going to gym every now and again. I saw online that the ideal workout should not exceed 145 heartbeats per minute for us pregnant ladies. I usually exercise at 120. More than that makes me feel like I’m gonna die or something. So, yeah.

I’ve also learned that the best kind of exercise for me to get, would be water aerobics. Luckily, the gym does offer these classes. Unluckily, all 3 sets of my pre-pregnancy bikinis no longer fit. So, I’m gonna have to make a plan. I look forward to this class, though. The instructor seems friendly and well versed with this stuff. She has had some babies of her own. Her tips and knowledge have been invaluable.

Next year, once I’ve popped, I’m gonna be getting back into shape, post haste. I just don’t wanna be too hard on myself now regarding my weight. But, I can’t help but feel I’ve gone to the dark side of obesity. My pre-pregnancy BMI was about 20, which bordered on under-weight. Now, it’s 29,oh-my-god-30-is-obese-and-I’m-decimal-points-away-from-it!

I’ve gained 20 kilograms since I got pregnant, and I’m not even in my 3rd trimester yet. That can’t be good. My husband said I shouldn’t worry so much; I’m too vain to become a fatty. ^_^ (That’s not a direct quote or anything, just a paraphrase.) To myself, I don’t look grotesquely obese, but the indicators are worrying me.

I’m solidly booked on work for the next 9 weeks. My maternity leave starts on the 17th of November. After hearing about 3 – 4 hour breastfeeding frequency last night, I’m having serious misgivings about my ability to pass QE next year. It’s gonna be … nigh impossible, despite having all that time off. The story goes that I will be physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted trying to take care of my little ninja.

I have 9 more weeks of work, then I’m off. I can’t wait.

Post script
Just a note to all the survivors of 9/11; It’s been 7 years. We pray for you all.

8 comments:

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Pay day, pay day, cannot wait for pay day!

morbidneko said...

it's sad, i know!

Unknown said...

Feed the baby precious nutrients. The blubber will sort itself out post-poppage, I'm sure.

morbidneko said...

i hope so. I intend to give the babbie boobie.

^_^

I read that the body releases some sort of hormone during boobie-feedings that shrinks the uterus, and reduces post-birthing leakage (Yes, I'll be leaking again... sigh).

I hope I turn out to be a good mommy. I'm worried about a million things. Hopefully, all will be well. I have a lot of support from my family.

Khatija said...

Hey

Dont worry about your QE ,you could always try the following year....or maybe you should join a study group or something for this..

good luck with everything else...:)

You'l be fine

morbidneko said...

i am worried about QE. I'm running out of tries.. I have the pre-board stuff, but it's difficult to motivate myself.

I'm so tired of studying the same old stuff. sigh. I think I'm getting a bit old for this now.

And, I can't imagine that it's gonna get any easier to pass. Aren't older kids even more difficult to manage?

sigh

Anonymous said...

You are whatever you choose to be. Having said this, you'll make a fine mother.

morbidneko said...

time will tell.

hmmm... choice...

i believe that capacity, determintation and opportunity have some definite rolls to play, as well.