A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

**sigh**

I’ve done maybe 2 or 3 hours of studying over a two week period. It’s worrying that I don’t feel like I’ve learned anything. I did a mock exam, did well, got 98%. Still don’t feel like I’ve really memorised anything. I have this feeling of impending doom if I don’t study the theory as well. Rote memorisation of questions is not the way to go in this instance.

I have this inability to study over weekends. This behaviour was cultivated from the very beginning of my academic career, when I was five. I’m a staunch believer in getting work done during the week (or, late Sunday nights, if it can’t be helped).

Today I feel lousy. I wish I could have just stayed at home with my baby and my husband. There is no time anymore. Every night is the same. Getting home, I pass out. It’s not even fair.

Anyway, just thought I’d bitch a bit. I’m worried about my studies. Studying during working hours is not a sustainable plan. And, I don’t get study leave. What a rip off.

6 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Know the feeling. I've got an article deadline coming up and I'm curiously unmotivated to finish the thing. Anyways, good luck with that and glad to see you back on again!

Khatija said...

I hate studying so i know what you mean.

The only way it works is if you make a plan and stick to it.

Good Luck

morbidneko said...

thanks, guys.

i really thought i woulda been done with studying by now. this is more lame than anything.

and at this rate, i'll be studying into my 30s if i don't start passing things soon.

depressing.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

What's wrong with studying into your 30s? Now I'm getting depressed.

morbidneko said...

nothing wrong with studying in your 30s. . . if it's something you love.

point is, i was supposed to be done about 2 years ago. and im still studying stuff i severely dislike. it's all so pointless. i don't have a passion for finance, like my husband does.

i'm all for a life long commitment to learning, but i'd rather be learning about painting techniques and patterns.

that's just me.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Good point. And good luck!