A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Monday, March 30, 2009

And justice for all

So, this past weekend was spent doing nothing much. Indeed – a perfect weekend if there ever was one. Yesterday was occupied by cleaning the house from top to bottom. Purged it now stands; clean and welcoming. This makes me happy.

And as we all know: a happy wife tends to lead to a happy life for my hubby.

The rugby went well, but was upsetting. I only had one game wrong this weekend. But, it was my powerplay, so it cost me 2 points. Stupid Bulls.

The husband and I have been summoned to a funeral this weekend. I wonder how prevalent this is going to become in this marriage. I rather like family gatherings, it’s always good to see the old faces again. But, when it’s not my family, it tends to be a tedious time. I have made the sleeping arrangements and everything. Should be an interesting weekend.

The finances are still a bit whack currently. Am working on ‘em.

No studies happened this weekend. It was family time. And a wonderful time was had by all.

My baby girl is now 4 months old. She is now eligible for some cereal at night. But, a max of 2 teaspoons was allowed.

I still have a problem with the leave system. I can’t believe that I have to take annual leave if my kid gets sick, or has to go for shots, etc etc. I just don’t have enough. On the plus side – I have some stacked up from last year. There just seems to be some confusion on exactly how much is available. Did you know that annual leave does not accumulate while you are on maternity leave? I didn’t.

The news these days is very depressing. This morning alone I read about taxi violence, people stealing houses, political fraudsters coming off scot free. It’s very disheartening. I don’t like what JZ is doing, I think he should be prosecuted. Those far more eloquent than I, have said similar things on the news24 website. I wonder where this country is heading. Will there be justice for anyone in a one party democracy?

1 comment:

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

What ever SA is, it is not a (normal) democracy. I've been hoping that the new party will bring a good counter balance, but I don't know what to think any more.