A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Walking on sunshine

Unbeknownst to me, as I was watching the husband play rugby last Saturday, I acquired some form of heatstroke. Or, sunstroke. Or, something.

I was fine all day Saturday, sitting in the shade for the half hour of warming up they did, and then the ensuing 80 minute game with 10 minute remission at half time. I even had a soft drink to keep me busy. We went home after the game – they had won 33-3. And, I felt fine, if a tad tired.

Sunday morning I woke up with the world’s worst headache. I was sensitive to light and sound. My body was sore all over, my skin on my face and lips was tight. I felt horrible. So, the husband found me some pills I could take while boobie-feeding. He brought me some water. I then swallowed the pills and promptly went back to sleep, duvet over my feverish head.

I eventually woke up at 10am again, feeling a million times better, if a bit sunburnt. I was a bit surprised, as I spent all that time in the shade. But, I’m not overly shocked, as I know that UV rays will get you wherever you are. I should’ve been smart about it, and put some sunscreen on. Lesson learnt.

On another note, my exam registration went through, so it looks like I will be writing in June. Somehow I forgot to study over the weekend. I had such high hopes for myself. So, I have to redouble my efforts this week. Hopefully I will get some good study hours in this week. If I can just study and revise 20 pages of the study guide per week, I will have more than enough time to absorb all the material.

I also have to go to gym every day this week, at the risk of losing the rebate my medical aid pays to the gym, if I don’t. I am not happy about this. I feel like the R350 I'm shelling out for gym membership is going to waste. The internal struggle continues as I grapple with the “should I, shouldn’t I?” as far as cancelling my membership is concerned.

Everybody who knows me, and wants to come to my birthday braai at my parents’ house – you are all welcome. If you need a place to snooze, please lemme know at your earliest convenience. It’s happening over a long weekend – easter. Give me a call and lemme know. I plan to bring Scrabble, Pictionary and 30 seconds. Yes, I’m a big nerd.

I’m getting used to the heels. I find starting out with small heels and then upgrading to longer ones, tends to ease the process. Also, not running up and down the stairs and corridors also helps.

My heatstroke remains with me only in the tightness in my face. Otherwise, life is still good.

Have a great day, blogmune!

2 comments:

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Aah... wish I could make it.

morbidneko said...

me too, Prophet. Me too.