A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Plagued by infirmity

My nose insists on leaking. This is a relatively new development. I am running low on tissues. On the upside, the pills my husband gave me to swallow alleviated the annoyance entirely so I could slumber peacefully last night.

It seems the kid infected me with this illness, and I may have infected her right back. She had the same thing last week, it went away, and this morning it made its loathsome reappearance on her innocent face.

Our little family have been sick on and off, and all at once at times, over the past couple of months. The medical aid is exhausted in its entirety. It’s all rather infuriating.

I was sort of hoping the winter would kiss us goodbye. This morning, however, the clingy bastard had us in yet another icy bear hug. My car was once again frozen over, which ensured my tardiness to work this morning.

I’d thought the season had turned. Not yet, it seems.

In the meantime this so-called “swine flu” is sweeping the globe. A bunch of people have died from it, and a bunch of people have been newly infected by it. Well, I don’t have any flu symptoms, so I suppose I’m okay.

I just want it to not be so cold outside anymore. The office is just freezing. I don’t think there is a heater at all. I’m freezing as I type this. This morning, my hands were so cold on the steering wheel of my car, they were burning. My hands were frigid, frozen and some unnatural colour tainted my poor appendages.

The weekend promises to be a pleasantly uneventful one. I plan to spend most of it in bed with a good book. And, if I’m lucky, maybe my family will join me. A girl can hope, can’t she?

No comments: