A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Friday, June 27, 2008

A funny feeling

I feel fat.

There is nothing about me that says pregnant right now. In fact - I wonder if I still am. (Next sonar tomorrow - that always drastically influences my perception)

I can still sort of fit into some of my, what used to be bigger pants. The regular fitting ones are a dead loss now. They hang there in my cupboard, mocking me. They take up space, but I dare not get rid of them - Might use em again after the poppage.

I leave my parents' house tomorrow. I am moving to another city 5 hours away. It's a bit initimidating, but exciting at the same time. I look forward to it. It's gonna be one helluva adventure. And if the career ride gets a bit too much for me, I can always just get off. (Got my articles signed off 3 days ago. A great feeling)

I'm 4 months pregnant. And I just feel fat.

No more nausea, or cravings, moodswings are minimal. This is the chilled out 2nd trimester. All that really happens now, is that my belly is supposed to grow. And it has accepted this challenge with zeal. I need more fat pants.

Starting this week, my baby can now hear. I wonder what I should play for him/her. On the other hand, I am now nasally congested; another one of the many perks of having a bun in the oven. I hope this will pass soon. I have so many questions for the doctor. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

QE results today. Expectations: Low. Mood: Excited at prospect of leaving.

Tomorrow just can't come fast enough.

4 comments:

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

So what did the doctor say? Maybe you shouldn't play him/her Skunk Ananzi just yet. ;-)

Wendy said...

Wow! Congratulations! I stay away for a few months and everything changes. It's really fantastic. I will tune in for the future fun and not-so-fun.

Mary-Jane said...

Such an intelligent child will surely like Mozart, Rachmaninov, etc. Keep us updated :-)

morbidneko said...

i'm working on getting a doctor's appointment for this week, prophet. so, we will see. My husband is more concerned about me playing loud rock and metal for the poor defenseless baby.

Wendy!! you're back!! that was one long hiatus. but, i saw some of the pix of where you and the hunter travelled (on FB). Very exciting stuff. Hope my rants don't get too tedious.

Thanks, M-J. I forgot all my classical music at home, genius that I am. But, I'm sure there will be time enough to expose the babbie to a variety of musical influences.