A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Monday, June 30, 2008

neon genesis

Today is my unofficial first day at the new office. (Tomorrow is the official 1st day)

And, it's all very intimidating.

There are 4 times more people here than at my prior office. I’ve already forgotten the majority of names of people I was introduced to [no amount of memory tricks could help me there]. The office is much bigger. There is no fixed seating plan, it’s pretty much first come, first served. It’s a whole new … atmosphere. Less mucking about; more getting the job done.

People here are very professional looking. Not in a runway model sense. Just – these people look like auditors. I have this urgent need to go shopping, so I can fit in. Can’t look like a hobo for the rest of my time here… That’s just not cricket.

I must have some serious self image and inadequacy issues, coz I have all these surging fears, threatening to drown me. I wonder if I will adapt or die. I wonder what the future holds. I wonder if this was a good idea… if I will flourish.

I’m grateful that I have a wonderful man by my side, helping me and looking out for me every step of the way.

On the pregnancy front; 4 months preggers now. My pants don’t fit – none of the traitorous buggers. I have a couple maternity tops I wear, and some pants. They will become my uniform over the next couple months. In these tops, I don’t even look all that preggers, which is a good thing. But, my regular clothes make me look like a stuffed Michelin man, ready for the fat farm.

Other than nasal congestion, I’m doing fine. When I get hungry, I still feel like I’m gonna die of fiery stomach starvation if I don’t eat immediately. But, this too will pass. Speaking of which, I’m pretty hungry right now. * sigh * will be ordering sammiches soon.

Food, glorious food.

3 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

A new environment will do that... People have a fundamental need to fit and to be accepted into their surroundings. Don't worry, soon you'll have found your friends, your little office niche and you'll be on your way.

You definately are a capable person and therefore have nothing to feel insecure about. (Your intellect knows this, now you need to go convince emotional you...)

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Good luck with the new job! I'm sure it will all work out fine.

ps. I listened to that Manson album of mine just now. I'm surprised every time I say it, but it's an excellent album. (Surprised because I don't listen to heavy stuff that often.)

morbidneko said...

thanks, m-j.

i hope i don't mess up too bad or anything.

if we can just find a place to stay, that would be awesome.

i'm shocked, Prophet! Didn't your ears melt off? ^_^

just kidding.

sort of.

Didn't know you listened to manson, let alone OWN an album!

which one, i wonder...