A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The first of many

Last night, just as I was repositioning my wide load in bed, I felt the 1st of 3 tentative kicks in my abdomen. What a magical moment! This was my kid, making it’s impact on the world at large, by kicking dents into mommy’s stomach.

I waited eagerly for the phenomenon to repeat itself, without satisfaction. All in good time, I suppose. I read somewhere that towards the last months of the pregnancy, the baby’s acrobatics are so intense, they regularly wake the mom.

I’m a light sleeper.

It’s weird, I still can’t process that I’m preggers. I mean, if it weren’t for the stomach and the constant eating and peeing… yeah. I never really thought I’d be pregnant, of all people. I mean, it was a possibility, but much the same way becoming an astronaut is a possibility: If you set your mind to it, you could do it, but it’s something other people do. Not I.

“The baby just kicked me!” I excitedly exclaimed to my husband. He then jetted to my side, and placed his hand on my protruding belly. “It probably won’t happen again,” I said. “I mean, that was the 3rd one.” Reassuringly, to my ears, I added, “Don’t worry – this will happen a lot more often in the next couple weeks, and months.”

I saw a pic online of a pregnant belly, ready to pop, with a tiny footprint plainly visible against the skin. A sort of infantile “Let me outta here!” And I couldn’t help but wonder if that’s what awaits me. I’m 20 weeks into this pregnancy. Well, 19,5 weeks. And I’m already whale sized. I don’t know how people hide pregnancy. It’s rather very obvious on me.

My mom is probably right. This is probably a girl. Big in front equals girl. Carrying low equals boy. Simple.

I’m looking forward to the next scan – gonna find out the flavour. And then the naming battle will commence!

Pregnancy note of the day
I hate my atom-sized bladder.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Woah, a momentous occasion, indeed! Looking forward to seeing the scans shared here, with detailed discussion. I never know how they make sense of those things.

morbidneko said...

isn't it awesome?

every day brings more evidence that there is someone else inside me, excited to get out.

I have 2 prior scans, but you can't see much but blobs in black and white. i'll post the next scan tho - the kiddie should be looking more human by then.

^_^

Mary-Jane said...

Wow, how magical!