A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

i am just a statistic

so, this morning, i woke up on the wrong side of the crime statistic.

It seems that somehow, someone, or sometwo, managed to smash the back passenger window of my car, driver's side, and steal my radio. the whole thing. face, back part - everything. there is a gaping hole where my beloved cd/mp3 player used to be. and soon, there will be a 2 grand hole in my pocket, to replace said radio.

It's funny, (funny weird, not funny haha) that of the 3 cars outside (in the carport, inside the fenced yard), mine was the only affected one. It's funny that none of my (hard rock / metal) cd's were taken. And, it is funny that the cash in the middle (couple coins in change) was not taken either. It boggles my mind that they even got into the yard. (wonder if the dogs were in the back...) They must've gotten over the fence somehow... i don't know.

on the upside, (yes, i can manufacture an upside - positive influence my husband is having on me) - this is forcing me to have my windshield replaced, which has 2 chips in it. It was a protest based on principle - i had paid the car servicing place to "fix" one of the chips, they took my money, i dont know if they ever did the job, coz that chip just spread it's broken wings. so, now that i have to have the back window replaced, may as well do the front. more cash munny out the window. ha ha.

the 2nd upside, is that my car was still there this morning. alas, the insurance won't pay for any of this. my car, that i pay for, is in my dad's name (better rates). so, this is all for my account. sigh. it woulda sucked if i didnt have a car at all anymore. i love that car.

crime sucks. what'd i ever do to whoever did that. i just work hard, study hard, and try to make ends meet. i don't party or drink, or smoke, or whore around. but, i'd bet the people who steal do.

just another day.

12 comments:

morbidneko said...

who steals from a pregnant lady, i mean really!

Mary-Jane said...

Very sorry! Maybe some poetic justice will befall the perpetrator...

morbidneko said...

maybe.

the costs are turning out to be lower than anticipated. that's good. but, still - it's not like i couldn't have used the grand and a half in a different way.

bastards.

getting hit by crime makes one feel so ... unsafe. vulnerable. helpless.

it's like there's this cruel world out there full of people just taking what they want, without regard to other people's suffering.

life goes on, i guess.

Unknown said...

Aw, that's too bad. The whole "things could be worse" stance is such a South African attitude to take, isn't it? At least my car is still there. At least no-one got hurt. At least no-one got seriously hurt. At least no-one died. What the hell is wrong with us? The government is being so damn complacent while the whole country is going to hell in a handbag. So much for zero tolerance So it goes. Welcome to the Statistics Club

morbidneko said...

that was my initial thought, really -- "at least my car is still there, i'm still fine, and nobody got raped. it was a fixable crime.".

the police weren't that friendly either, when we reported the theft. they treated us like the criminals, guess they can't tell the difference anymore.

maybe pregnant ladies do go around stealing people's radios from their cars in the dead of night.

I wouldn't say the whole country is going down the tubes, there are many positives to living here.

it's an awesome beautiful patriotic shopping paradise for one.

^_^

with an awesome climate for two.

c'mon summer!

(not that il be able to wear any of my bikini's by then, but anyway.)

Anonymous said...

karma.

Photon said...

It sucks when you're handed a lemon, but the good like the bad is there if you would only look for it. At least you have a husband to help you through the challenges you face and an opportunity to appreciate the help he has so kindly afforded you. Every day is a blessigna dn at least you weren't in the car on that could winters morning

morbidneko said...

yes, thank goodness for my husband, who had my car fixed.

^_^

on another upside, now that i don't have a radio in my car - i will always hear my phone ring if i'm driving.

and, driving time has become silent contemplation time, instead of zoning out and road raging time...

...

i miss my radio.

Khatija said...

Hey

Sorry to hear about your car....

morbidneko said...

hey

sure. np.

kt has already fixed the window and the dash. so, all that's missing is the radio.. totally sucks.

but, it coulda been worse.

im just glad i still have a car.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Bummer... (sorry, don't know what else to say.)

morbidneko said...

thanks, Prophet.

it happens, i guess.