A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Moo moo syndrome

These days, I graze constantly. All the time – I eat. I cannot help myself. I feel a burning starvation permeating my general stomach area if I cannot attend to the need when it arises. Although, at work, I endeavour to maintain a stoic countenance, the searing hunger overwhelms me.

Pregnant memory loss seems to have set in as well. I forgot my cellphone in the bathroom this morning. Lady Luck is with me in that my co-workers here are honest folk… that could have been a nasty turn of misfortune, had I not retrieved my phone – my lifeblood.

Yesterday, I vacated my cupboard (well, the sections in my husband’s cupboard allocated to me) of clothes that no longer fit. I have a serious shortage of pants. But, I will remedy this at a later stage in the pregnancy. According to the doctor, my weight at discharge will be 75kg’s. Not kewl. But, I plan to fix that as soon as possible after the poppage.

To assist in my constant meals, I bought a lunch bag. In it, I hoard a myriad little snacks – some healthier than others. After all, not all snacks were created equal. I can’t help but wonder if my constant mastication does not offend those around me. We all sit in rather close proximity. But, when faced with scorching hunger in my stomach vs the discomfort of those around me at chewing noise, they don’t stand a snowball’s chance.

The new job is going well. I’m worried about my productivity. It’s not that great… but, I have been busy lately. And, it seems this is only liable to increase in intensity as the days advance.

I hope this forgetfulness will not impede my abilities for the whole term of this preggersness. I suppose to err is human, and I shouldn’t be so hard on myself. It’s just that I never forget my cellphone anywhere…

I just ordered a sandwich. I eagerly anticipate it’s arrival.

Moo.

6 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Every now and again we all forget/misplace something; even the important stuff. Really, don't be hard on yourself :-) Just think of all the hundreds of thousands of things you do remember every day; like breathing, where you parked your car, packing your lunch bag, your friends, etc.

morbidneko said...

i suppose.

doesnt make me feel any less stoopid for making such a costly preventable mistake.

either way, Blame it on the Baby seems to be a fun game i'm allowed to participate in these days.

^_^

arcadia said...

are you drinking enough vitamins and supplements? omega 3-oils are especially important for ensuring super bright babies :-)

morbidneko said...

yip yip.

been trying to remember to pop my pills daily - speaking of which...

** n3k0 takes vitamin **

had some fish yesterday - no mercury.

it's weird how responsible one is forced to become after a rather irresponsible aciton...

Unknown said...

"the poppage"

That's hysterical - from now on I shall always refer to the act of childbirth by that term!

You now have an excuse to graze and give in to cravings: relish it!

morbidneko said...

yes, i'm creative that way.

have i mentioned that i'm terrified of said poppage?

I have this hectic craving for peanutbutter... dam. maybe i should just go home lunch time and get some.