A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Monday, August 4, 2008

germination

I spent the last week feeling about ready to die.

You never appreciate everything you have, until you lose it, or can’t make use of it.

Like, breathing for example. Or, the ability to use meds.

Yes, ladies and germs, when one is preggers, there is a list about as long as the wall of china on the meds you are no longer allowed to take, because they pass through the placenta and drug out the baby.

So, I went to the hospital last week, they put me on a drip for 4 hours. Liquids and meds. I had a scary temperature. Headache, body pain, runny stuffed nose (go figure, right), ear ache, increased heart rate, fever… it was not fun.

So, hopped up on strepsils and panados, I spent the past week in a daze, sleeping many a morning away. It was good to take a week off. Now, back at the office, I have SO much to catch up on, and missed 2 important meetings last week. *sigh*

Two more months – then it’s the holy grail of leave: maternity leave for 4 months.

But, that depends if they are gonna let me come back. I have a temporary contract till December. But, I’m going on leave in middle November. So, that is to be discussed. Should be interesting. I wonder if I am eligible to claim UIF. Apparently, if you do not get full salary during maternity leave (which I won’t, if I get anything at all), I should be eligible for UIF, but you have to apply. 2 months before you go on leave, actually.

On the upside, I am no longer sick. I have a bit of a chesty cough, but I’m sure that will leave in time.

On the downside, my medical bills are just about piling up to form their own mini-Kilimanjaro. Not kewl. And, don’t get me started on my retarded medical aid. Sigh. Things sure are expensive. More forms, more money out of my pocket. It’s so much admin to get to.

At least I have my health. Sort of.

4 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Wow, I was wondering why you had become so quiet all of a sudden. Glad you're better and you should still rest well!

morbidneko said...

thanks.

even the weird cough is gone now.

but, everyone else in the house is now at home with flu. i feel bad for them, i know what that's like.

everyone, except my husband. he is still fit as a fiddle.

go figure.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Thank you, Neko, for taking us along on this journey in the strange and wonderful world of being "preggers". Since I'm not intending to have children (not that I can as a man - but I mean, I'm not intending to become a father), it's kinda nice to share the moments with others.

Good luck with the bills!

morbidneko said...

thanks, Prophet.

you're never having kids? like ever??

don't worry, guys have it better than chicks. at least you can make babies till the day you expire. so, if you do change your mind and find that special someone you wanna multiply with, that's always an option.

^_^

thanks for the wisdom and kind words that are always coming my way.

in a strange detached way, one feels surrounded by friends.