A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's a pink one!!! ... probably

Yesterday the hubby and I were fortunate enough to visit with both the dentist (zero cavities!) and the obstetrician. I had another scan on my tummy. The "anatomy scan". Everything looks fine. Legs and arms intact. Big feet. Little fingers. No harelip, tiny nostrils, tiny mouth, arms carelessly thrown back, feet crossed in a relaxed position. Baby is living it up in mommy's tummy.



The kicks and punches have become more pronounced, but hubby has not been able to feel them yet. Even to me, it feels only like an insistent butterfly, trying to take off against the inside of my lower abdominal area.



The sign of ze hamburger means that it is in all likelihood, a pink alien. ^_^

The search for an appropriate name can now start in earnest.

I'm not entirely convinced that it's a femme yet. We may get a surprise in December, or at the next scan (which will be in October). I've heard many stories of predictions that went the other way. Besides, all the gender predictors that I've had a look at, predict a boy.

I don't really care either way. The baby looks healthy and happy. And, that's all that really matters, innit.

Stay tuned - scans to follow (tomorrow, when I remember to bring them to work with me)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that everyone is healthy and happy. Ooh - picking a name is a big responsibility: that person will have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Choose wisely.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

ECH has a point. Good luck!

Mary-Jane said...

We are waiting for those promised scans...

morbidneko said...

alas, i overslept this morning, and had all day training, so the folder with the scans obliviously lies on the dresser at home.

patience, grasshoppers, i will post those scans soon.

when i remember to bring them.

probably monday.

^_^