A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Of Erudite Iniquity

My brilliantly e-vol master plan for the weekend involves much festivity and fun. I will be yet another year closer to my demise, another year closer to the silvery hairs of wisdom and another year senior.

I’m going home – to my parents’ house – for the Easter (Wild Crazy Vegetarian Super Fun Braai and Party Birthday Party) weekend.

I suppose it’s time to take stock of the year that has passed. What a year it has been.

Let us begin with last year this time. I had just attended the Coke fest a week or so ago. I was dating this hot guy, who is now my husband. My articles were about to get signed off. I was living with my parents and seeing my boyfriend every other weekend. Life was fairly good.

Last year in May, I was on audit in Potch – varsity audit. I had gained 3 kilograms and skipped a leakage. One blood test later, and it turns out I’m pregnant!

Fast forward to June and it’s my wedding. The bride looked beautiful in white and … well, white. We said our I do’s in my husband’s home town, and skipped off for a 2 day honeymoon just outside Kimberley.

Two weeks later at the end of June, just after my articles got signed off, I packed my little car with all my worldly goods, and headed to my mother-in-law's house. And, there the husband and I lived harmoniously for 6 months.

Last year, at the end of November, what I thought was false labour turned out to be my little girl popping out to say high. Literally! She was 2 weeks early and simply gorgeous.

January we signed for our first home – a town house on the other side of town.

Middle March of this year, I’m back at work and baby is at day care.

I would have to concede that my 25th year was the most pivotal, influential, changing year of my life – so far. I became a wife, mommy, co-home owner and shrugged of the trainee designation all in one year.

Friends and neighbours, it is with certainty and much gratitude that I can tell you: I have never been happier.

The best is yet to come.

1 comment:

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

"A change would do you good", says Sheryl Crow, and it seems she was right.

I must admit, that my past year had also been one of the more tumultuous ones (although not the most tumultuous one so far), and that I'm am also quite happy.