A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another day in the life…

There are a few joys to being with child. Bear with me as I attempt to list some of them. Mkay?

For one thing, there are a lot of “pregnancy packs”. This translates to “free stuff”. I’ve gotten some interesting things from various institutions. For example, I went to the hospital yesterday to book a bed for D Day. Inside the “congrats-you’re-gonna-be-someone’s-mom” package there was a pregnancy diary. It’s quite cute. Pity they didn’t give it to me in the 1st month.

Other pregnancy packs I’ve received included vitamins I wasn’t sure I should be taking. A nappy. Some sweets. Bum cream (for baby). A small tub of Vaseline. No clothes though, which I think is a bit of a pity.

Another awesome plus is the lessened guilt when I eat. I mean, I’ve been eating more veggies and fruit lately, drinking more water. So, when I have the odd burger, it’s okay, you know – coz next year, the diet and exercise Nazi-like regime is back on in earnest.

The hubby and hugs that come with him aren’t too shabby either. But, that’s not necessarily a pregnancy thing.

I don’t know if the enormous mammories is a plus for me. It’s just been expensive upsizing my undies. I preferred my C cups, kthnx. I hope I will retain some firmness after all the offspring are off the boobie feedings.

There is some attention.

Personally, I’m hoping for more free stuff. This baby having thing is a seriously expensive endeavour. Sigh – medical bills.

This does not hold true for everyone, but my skin has cleared up nicely. Hormonal balance is a good thing.

Then there are the baby scans. To those I haven’t mentioned it yet, it was SOO CUUTE!! When I was in the waiting room at the doctor’s office yesterday, my baby was kicking me like mad. I think it may have been the guavas I had for breakfast – very sweet. Every time I eat something sweet, 15mins later, baby is awake and kicking. Either she likes the sweet stuff, or she doesn’t. Guess I’ll find out soon enough. Both her parents love sweet stuff. So… I’m not too worried.

ANYHOO, so, when I get onto the table for the scan, the doctor puts the gel on my now ginormous stomach. Onto the screen pops black, white and grey images of the tenant in my tummy. It seems all that kicking had tired her out, coz the first thing she does, is to give a big yawn. Then she starts nomming on her tiny little fist. It was SOO ADORABLE. I have a scan picture.

It seems that one can even make videos of the scan visits. I’m gonna enquire about that for the next visit. Which will be on hubby’s birthday – remember remember the 5th of November.

My baby has a little button nose. And, she has tiny little lips; proportionally bigger lips than mine. Maybe we should call her Angelina … NAH.

Jury isn’t out yet on the baby name we will be ending up with. It’s a large responsibility that – choosing the name someone will be stuck with for the rest of their life. Ah well. I suppose I will have made a choice by the time she pops out.

I still am yet to experience any serious cons to this pregnancy. It’s been mostly pros. Guess I’m lucky that way.

4 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Happy for you :-)

Khatija said...

Wish i could have seen all what you speak about...sounds sooo cute..

Keep Well and healthy :)

morbidneko said...

thanks.

^_^

she is so cute.

Unknown said...

Exciting times indeed!