A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ready, set, POP!

In just a couple weeks, I’m gonna be somebody’s mom.

I am now 31 weeks pregnant. My stomach is huge, my fingers and feet swell. I can’t stand or sit for long. And when I deign to stand, I have urgent water-passing urges. Sleeping all the way through the night is something of the past. Lying on my back or stomach are likewise, stuff the past is made of. I am the Michelin man.

I have made an appointment to have my large body photographed. It was in one of my “free stuff” packages – A voucher for professional pregnancy pics. I’d really like the husband to be there, so I will have to move it, as the initial date clashes with exams. Ah well. I wonder what I should wear…

Yesterday I had water aerobics again. It is only for 45 minutes every time. And yet, when I get out of the swimming pool I have this overwhelming urge to sleep, and a deeply rooted tiredness, saturating my bones and muscle.

My weight remains stable. For the sake of my tame hippo physique, I hope that the better part of the weight gain has now come to an end. I’m pretty sure the aching feet is a direct result of the weight I now lug around with me. Next year this time, however, I will be bikini ready. Watch this space.

I am now once again office bound at work; which rocks, by the way. I am unfazed by the heat wave going on outside, as there is an awesome piece of air conditioning equipment in this little office. The water cooler and bathrooms are mere metres away. And, the support at the office has been wonderful. I am yet to be reprimanded for anything. I have only received praise. And this, in turn, has made me want to work all the more harder, be better.

Last night, I also worked on my scrapbook. But, I soon realised, if I am to have continuity in it, I will need to have more pix printed; especially of my weekly expanding stomach. I have been taking pix of myself sporadically. So, I am quite eager to arrange them by date to see the growth. (Yes, a benign tumour fills my gut!)

A side effect of the family I married into involves being aware of local politics now. Things are heating up on the home front. I wonder what is going to happen next. So, these days, I watch the daily news, and read the papers, especially the online ones. I read what the columnists have to say. (Then I am briefly appalled by some of the language, spelling errors and even swearing I’ve come across; shocking to say the least!) Unfortunately, I have not been privy to any insider info, as it were. But, such is life.

The parentals were here this past weekend. It was awesome. I went baby stuff shopping with my mom. We got some babygro’s, vests, blankets and towels. Anything and everything a little babbie and her mom would need. I also got all the creams, lotions and potions. I think we spent around 2 and a half grand in total. Yikes. And, the kid isn’t even here yet. On the upside, I can now pack for the hospital. After all, I have 9 weeks till D day… Time to get busy.

The jury isn’t out yet on the method of poppage that will be used. I would like to go the path of least resistance and pain, as far as possible. Time and circumstance will tell.

May I please request an epidural for the epidural?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're well on your way to being ready for the happy event! Holding thumbs for the home stretch!

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

Aah...the clock is ticking.

One day you can post an animation of your pictures, morphing from start to finish. That would be cool! Haha.

What pity about you not being privy to insider info as far as local politics are concerned. And here I was thinking that I have a friend that's in the loop. If something strange happens please keep us exiles updated...

Good luck with the last stretch. (No pun inteneded.)

Mary-Jane said...

I must admit I was curious about how much insider stuff you were privy to. Damn! How disappointing...

Glad all's well :-)

morbidneko said...

thanks, all.

yes, it certainly is do or die time (no awful pun intended).

as far as the politics go, we in the house know what the real story is when the papers speculate. :) also, we sometimes know the news a day or so in advance of the papers.

i've been trying to scan in the sonar scans of the little babbie, to no avail. i don't know what is going on with that machine. but, i will keep trying!