A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Moving parts

Last night, I experienced yet another perception change.

The nurse at the ante-natal class was talking about the dangers of not feeling any foetal movement, and how we pregnant ladies must be aware of the movement, or more specifically – lack thereof.

She further intoned that this is a very special time in our lives. We should cherish it. As it will probably only come around once or twice in our lives. (Three if we are brave). Never before and never again will we ever be this close to another human being.

I have tried to be aware of the acrobat inside me. She still somersaults, and punches and kicks. At some point soon, once she settles, I should be able to make an educated guess regarding where her head is positioned and where her feet are. Towards the end, I may even see little foot prints and handprints bulging my insides.

Last night / this morning, I had an awful nightmare. Then, I couldn’t sleep. This morning, I can’t remember the details, but I remember that it was awful.

In the tub this morning, as I went belly up to enjoy what little warmth I could, my baby seemed to be rolling around in my stomach. The nurse told us to talk to the uterus-bound kids. I don’t really have much to say to her. “How’s it hanging?”

** sigh **

I’m just tired. It’s not even that I’m okay in the morning and sleepy from 11am anymore. I wake up tired, and stay that way all day. By lunch I wanna crawl into bed. This can’t be right. Maybe maternity leave will be just the thing.

Overheard: “First time poppers usually get their babies a week or 2 early.”

So, why haven’t I read this in a book somewhere?

4 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Wow, I can't even imagine another little human doing gymnastics inside me. Must feel pretty special...

morbidneko said...

it is a bit weird. :)

the nurse said you miss it once the baby is out. i suppose that's why some femmes choose to have a whole lot of kids.

well, one of many reasons.

I havent leaked in 7 months. THAT is awesome.

Prophet Kangnamgu said...

"How's it hanging?" So funny! I just imagine this little critter doing bungee jumps with the umbilical cord. LOL

morbidneko said...

Yes, but she is hardly so little anymore. Weird to think that back in the day, when she was just a little tadpole of a thing, she used to *swim* around in my general stomach area.

i also hope to see the umbilical cord at the next sonar somehow. Now is the time that that very life-giving and sustaining cord wraps around the neck of the unsuspecting babbie, causing still birth.

ie, babbie suffocated on arrival. We can't have that. So, hopefully, we will be able to sonar that and cut her out if we have to.