A sudden unplanned implantation, and the repercussions thereof. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 30

Another milestone!

What’s it like to be 30 weeks preggers?

Every time I drink a beverage these days, I seem to get nauseous for a while. (To such a degree, that I have actually made a couple hasty trips to the throne room lately, just in case.) We are in the final stages of this pregnancy, ladies and gents. 10 more weeks to go. I have gained an understanding of what is meant with the “can-we-get-this-over-with-already” attitude most pregnant women will experience at some point or another.

For one, I’m tired of being huge. The beached whale effect is not so awesome. I have trouble getting up and rolling over. It’s always accompanied by much effort on my part. And, there isn’t always someone around to help me.

On the upside, my weight seems to have stabilised a bit again. I hope this will remain the case over the next couple weeks. I can’t afford to get much bigger or heavier. I’m a tiny person. I already feel like I’m gonna fall over half the time.

On Wednesday, I am going for my next ante-natal visit. I’m very excited. Not only will my paranoia about foetal movement be alleviated a bit, but we may be able to see her face more clearly this time. I’m not thrilled about the cost, but I suppose this is a necessary evil. The husband said he will be there, so I feel much better about that as well.

Another thing that is getting to me is the fatigue. I am tired most of the time. Not that I’m all that active. This overwhelming urge to sleep the days away is not so welcome in a corporative setting. People have been very understanding, surprisingly. But, I still wish I only needed to be here in the mornings. By 11am I’m ready to head back to bed on most days.

Including this week, I have 6 more weeks till maternity leave. 10 more weeks until I pop. Time is dragging asp again.

Look out for new baby scans by the end of this week. It’s sonar time again! ^_^

As I told the husband the other day: overall, being preggers isn't so bad. I mean, my eating is a lot more guilt free. People are super nice to me and do things for me more freely. There has been much undrestanding. And, the nausea isn't so bad. It could have been a lot worse. I don't really suffer from most of the ailments my pregnancy books talk about. So, I'm lucky in that sense. There's the paid maternity leave, and the hope for a UIF payment as well!

So, don't get me wrong, friends. It's all worth it when you look at those tiny hands and feet on the screen. Or, see that little face and hear that little heartbeat. I'm sure parenting is gonna be very rewarding. She is a cute little thing already. And, she isn't even out yet.

I'm gonna be somebody's mom.

*awe*

2 comments:

Khatija said...

Great ,atleast theres paid maternity leave. Do you know how the UIF payment is calculated?

morbidneko said...

well, the maternity leave is tricky.

my company pays 75%. (But, I had to sign a contract saying I'll work for them at my current salary for another year after I get back.)

The remainder (ie, how much UIF will pay) is at their discression.

So, they can decide to refund me the whole 25%, or nothing at all.

I have the calc around here somewhere, of how they do it. But, suffice to say my hopes aren't exactly high.